Topics covered: Licensing, transitioning from employee to private practice, life purpose, self care, target audience and brand development, creating a client experience, marketing and press opportunities, business collaboration and building a team, work/life boundaries. Length: 46 minutes
Inspiration (Quotes from Celeste)
- Why did you not create the things that were in your head?
- Why did you not move forward with this message that you have that you want to share with the world?
- Hey—there must be something else . . .
- Working in a way that fits for our family
- "Luck is where opportunity meets preparation." --Roman philosopher, Seneca
Developing a target audience
- What would it look like if I were to only serve women?
- Brand identity
- Ideal client development and rationale
- The idea of your struggle being your niche—Celeste said she suffered with anxiety, now she serves women with anxiety
Creating a client experience
- Wellness perspective
- Client e-mail newsletter
- Strategies: Offers coffee, small client gifts and tote bags, collaborative diagnosing and treatment planning
PR + Marketing
- Create a one sheet (Download Celeste's one sheet; it's also available in the library)
- Short bio
- Contact information
- Send one sheet to prospects (guest blog posts, podcasts, local events, etc.)
- Facebook groups
How Celeste stays refreshed
- Spiritual life
- Family life
- Keeping a strict schedule
- Massage (spa membership)
- Free Quiet Mind Collective 5 Day Anxiety Challenge: Sign-up, or use it as a resource for clients
- The people profiler
- The Epic Brand Identity Workbook, byregina.com
- PhQ9 Patient Health Questionnaire (download; also available in the library)
- Selling the Couch Podcast
- Stacy Tuschl, Celeste's business coach
- Quietmindcollective.com (Celeste's membership site): RTN is an affiliate for QMC. If you use this link to become a member, or recommend it to clients, we receive a commission.
Recipe for salmon patties (YUM!)
In a small bowl beat one egg lightly. Preheat a skillet with 1-2 Tbs olive oil. To the egg, add a small can of Double Q boneless-skinless pink salmon and mix lightly with a fork. Add about 1/4 cup corneal to the mix, then add about 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs (or crushed cornflakes). The mixture needs to stick together somewhat; add more dry ingredients until you can form into 2-4 patties. Pan fry in the skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels and serve.